- Daily interaction with patients, families, guardians and coworkers to assist with patient care in a pediatric multi-specialty setting.
- Accurately takes and records vital signs, blood pressure, heights/lengths, weights, head circumferences and abdominal girths.
- Performs EKG’S and spirometry.
- Provides nebulizer treatments.
- Performs and records glucose monitoring, hemoglobin A1C monitoring.
- Provides assistant to casting technicians.
- Provides side by side assistance to general and plastic surgeons during in office procedures.
- Secures insurance referrals, enters referrals in Nextgen, attach referral to appointment for applicable services.
- Assists physicians, RN, Director of operations and practice coordinator/manager with daily function of department.
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No
Skills & Qualifications:
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Graduate from accredited medical assistant program.
- Medical assistant certification (CMA).
- Two (2) or three (3) years of experience working in a medical office.
- Pediatric experience preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish (Preferred)
- Degree and/or Transcript
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- CPR Certification
- First Aid Certification
- Recent Physical
- Recent TB
- Criminal Background
- Child Abuse Clearance
- FBI Clearance
- State ID/Driver’s License
- COVID Vaccination
- Influenza Vaccination