We are seeking Mental Health Technician to work for our Intensive Behavioral Health Services program in Philadelphia, PA. The Mental Health Technician works from a recovery framework within the team providing individual supportive counseling and psychoeducational groups using therapeutic interventions (evidenced based practices preferred), cultural competence and trauma informed care to help individuals obtain their recovery goals. Our Mental Health Technicians provides counseling to individual clients, implements and monitors treatment of clients, and monitors individual and group social skills.
- The Mental Health Technician will provide direct services to residents, including assistance with personal hygiene and ADL’s, as well as assistance with all tasks necessary for maintaining a therapeutic community and residence.
- Conducting activities with residents, including educational, social and leisure programs. Inclusion of resident’s input and suggestions in the planning process involved for all activities.
- The Mental Health Technician is responsible for documentation in clinical charts and residential logs as required, including progress notes on assigned residents. Immediate reporting of all resident crisis and/or unusual incidents to Shift Supervisor.
- Participation in meetings and training sessions as assigned, including but not limited to Quality Improvement Program, and multi-disciplinary treatment team meetings.
Mental Health Technician Skills:
- Verbal and written communication skills required to satisfactorily perform job duties.
- Exercise sound judgment in carrying out daily activities, handling crises & emergencies.
- Able to work independently with minimal direction.
- Attention to detail.
- Approachability and Compassion.
- Listening Skills.
- Dependability to report to work as scheduled and on-time.
- Strong commitment to providing quality services to consumers.
- Able to work successfully with others in a collaborative manner.
- Integrity and trustworthiness.
Mental Health Technician Job Requirement:
- AA in human services + 2 years MH/MR related experience;
- 12 semesters behavioral health credits required
- Valid driver’s license is required
Long Term Structured Residences (LTSR) are located in Philadelphia and Northampton Counties. These therapeutic programs are designed to provide 24/7 residential and intensive treatment supports for adults with a variety of psychiatric and health related needs. Individuals requiring this level of care have access to a variety of services including individual and group therapies, psychiatric evaluation, crisis intervention, peer support, psychiatric rehabilitation and medication management.