Open Shifts: Every Other Saturday-Sunday: 8:00pm-8:00am (2 opening)
Licensed Practical Nurse Responsibilities:
- The Licensed Practical Nurse works from a recovery framework within the team providing health and wellness care, medication education, group psycho education, therapeutic interventions (evidenced based practices preferred), cultural competence and trauma informed care to help individuals obtain their recovery goals.
- Provision of assistance to residents who are unable to self-administer medication. Supervision of self-administered medication when indicated. Injection of medication when prescribed. Participation in education of residents regarding their medications, including assisting residents who are unable to self-administer medication to become able to do so.
- Participation in multi-disciplinary treatment team meetings as assigned.
- Participation in Quality Improvement Program as assigned.
- Timely reporting of all crises and unusual incidents to Nurse Manager and LTSR Director (Immediately if indicated; otherwise within 24 hours). Immediate reporting of psychiatric and medical crises to Psychiatrist.
- Compliance with all internal and external requirements and regulations regarding record keeping and recording.
- Observance of Universal Precautions in administering medications, disposing of needles, and handling waste products, etc.
- Provision of direct service to residents, including assistance with personal hygiene, bathing/showering and all other tasks of daily living as needed.
- Leading activities with residents, including educational, social, and leisure programs for which residents’ input is elicited. Participating in community integration activities as needed.
- Regular and relevant documentation in clinical chart and utilizes other designated forms.
- Attendance at all meetings and training sessions as assigned.
- Reporting of all non-emergent shift and shift personnel problems to Nurse Manager and/or LTSR Director in timely and accurate manner.
- In the event of a staff call out, works to secure appropriate coverage via existing team members or other contracted/approved temporary staff organizations.
- Compliance with all policies and procedures with no unauthorized exception.
Licensed Practical Nurse Job Requirements:
- LPN + at least 2 years MH experience preferred.
- Must have current nursing license required;
- Valid driver’s license required
- Must have own transportation .
- ACT 31 required
- Position requires occasional lifting, transferring of individuals with an average weight of 150 pounds.
Licensed Practical Nurse Skills Required:
Must have excellent verbal/written communication skills and work well with people; good, creative problem-solving skills; excellent clinical nursing skills including assessment, knowledge of behavioral health systems, community resources; ability to work independently, and be flexible/adaptive in handling changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment; computer skills required.