- The RNFA works closely with surgeons in the operating room during a surgical procedure.
- Performs pre and post operative assessment and evaluation.
- Collaborates with the surgical team on plan of care.
- Responsible for anticipating the needs of the surgical team and during an operation by assist the surgeon with tasks such as selecting equipment, holding open incisions, stopping bleeding, closing the incision, among other technical tasks.
- Graduate of an Approved School of Nursing
- Successful completion of a peri-operative course
- CNOR (preferred)
- Successfully completion of a Nurse First Assistant program
- Currently licensed in the state of Pennsylvania
- 1 or more years of OR nursing experience
- Degree and/or Transcript
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be COVID vaccinated
- CPR Certification
- First Aid Certification
- Recent Physical
- Recent TB
- Criminal Background
- Child Abuse Clearance
- FBI Clearance
- State ID/Driver’s License
- COVID Vaccination
- Influenza Vaccination