Location: United States – Pennsylvania – Philadelphia
Industry: Healthcare / Health Services – Nursing / LPNs / LVNs
Job Category: Medical / Health – Nurse Leadership
Summary: Manages the facility nursing program in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act, applicable State and Federal regulations, and policies and procedures.
- A graduate of accredited school of nursing, BSN preferred.
- Valid RN license in the state employed.
- Valid CPR certification.
- Three years’ experience as a Director of Nursing, Assistant Director of Nursing, or equivalent supervisory nursing experience.
- Rounds on the unit at least once daily
- Performs general management functions such as hiring, disciplining and evaluating employees.
- Interview and hire new nursing staff.
- Plans and facilitates meetings and committees to address resident care issues.
- Review time sheets for accuracy before payroll.
- Manages the Nursing Department with the goal of achieving and maintaining the highest quality of care possible.
- Develops and manages systems to assure clinical competiencies.
- Participates in developing, implementing and evaluating programs that promote the recruitment, retention, development and continuing education of nursing staff members.
- Identification of training needs.
- Initiates studies to evaluate effectiveness of nursing services in relation to their objectives and costs.
- Develops and manages nurse – on call system.
- Develops the department budget for approval, monitors expenses and stays within budget.
- Investigate and resolve residents/family/employee concerns.
- Ensures that annual competency evaluations and performance reviews are completed in the appropriate time frame.
- Participating in Employee Recognition Program.
- Pro-actively addresses survey and/or standards of care issues.
- Develop and manage staffing schedular system.
- Plans and guides the professional development of nursing staff.
- Ensures that adequate nursing staff are available based on facility/census requirements.
- Collect data to compile reports in a timely manner, and to meet deadlines.
- Participates in facility “Performance Improvement Program.”
- Assures that all clinical protocols and nursing policies and procedures are followed.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Assure Pharmacy, dietary, physician consults are followed in timely manner..
- Assumes complete responsibilities for the Center in absence of Administrator.
- Skilled in directing and motivating the workforce.
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their family members, and at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to react decisively and quickly in emergency situations.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Knowledge of training techniques for clinical staff.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of the Nurse Practice Act, state and federal regulations policies and procedures regarding nursing standards and delivery of care.
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS [note: bold skills and certification are required]
Long Term Care Experience as DON
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No
Base Salary – $110,000 to $120,000
Full-time Benefits – Full
Relocation Assistance Available – Yes
Commission Compensation – No
Bonus Eligible – No
Overtime Eligible – No
Interview Travel Reimbursed – Yes
2+ to 5 years’ experience
Seniority Level – Director
Management Experience Required – No
Minimum Education – Bachelor’s Degree
Willingness to Travel – Occasionally
About Halo Staffing Agency
Halo staffing Agency LLC is committed to caring and providing value to our customers, skilled workers, and suppliers. We supply profitable, gratifying healthcare jobs for all typed of qualified applicants.